Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Bodies in motion, stasis, corned beef

Waking at 3am to begin the cross country Thanksgiving journey will do wonders for your outlook on life. Especially when your shuttle is late, you sit next to a compulsively sneezing girl with dreads on a gross old plane that smells like farts, you almost miss your connection in chicago, are delayed coming in to laguardia, get stuck in traffic, and you spend half an hour looking for parking in Midtown. Especially when all you've had to eat all day is an airport bagel and a miniscule bag of corn chips (the Luna bar I had brought on the plane had expired in August and was inedible). After all this, my body cried out for something fresh, something healthy, something like sushi. So of course my family ended up at the Carnegie Deli, temple of excess, paragon of towering meats. Photos will be forthcoming; for some reason my brother's laptop is being buggy and doesn't want to let me post them at the moment.

Now: Sated. Happy. Overwhelmed. Underslept.

The wind outside is blowing hard and threatening to snow by Thursday. I brought the wrong coat! Will dream of finishing my fat green scarf in time for the first flakes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home